The Pike Area Youth Athletic League (PAYAL) is seeking tackle football and cheerleading coaches for the 2021 season.
It is our objective to create a meaningful and rewarding experience for our players and cheerleaders.
For football coaches, we are asking for qualified coaching candidates who can demonstrate the following credentials and/or qualities:
- Prior playing and/or coaching experience (mandatory for head coaching candidates only)
- Inspire a positive and productive learning environment for all players
- Serve as a positive role model for our children
- Put the best interests of the children above his/her own
- Communicate well with players, parents, other coaches, and the PAYAL Executive Board
- Willing to make the necessary time commitment (Note: a typical week would entail approx. 3 practices per week with a game on Saturday.)
- Follow the rules established by the league, especially those associated with playing time for all players
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety of all players
- In accordance with our current bylaws, each coach must obtain and submit their "Heads Up Tackle" Coaching Certification as provided through an on-line program offered by USA Football
- Obtain required volunteer background clearances as mandated by Pennsylvania State Law
- Attend mandatory coaches meetings, as established by the PAYAL Executive Board